The Global Missions ministry is centered in a rich, multi-faceted and evolving relationship with the village of Mwitikira, Tanzania. This ministry began in 2007 when the St. Paul’s vestry joined the ONE Campaign in support of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG). The initial focus of the ministry was on children in Sub-Saharan Africa, but that focus has expanded to many other projects based on the needs expressed by the people of Mwitikira and their priest, Father Erasto Ndahani. The Global Missions Committee has adopted three guide posts for the projects we support:
- Effective – Project provides real, tangible benefit to Mwitikira primarily in the areas of clean water, food supply, educational opportunities and basic healthcare.
- Affordable – Project costs fall within the committee’s budget in a way that allows it to complete and be maintained.
- Sustainable – Assistance that provides tools that allow individuals or the village as a whole to imporve their quality of life and that will outlive the help provided by St. Paul’s.
- Join the Global Missions Committee.
- Make a donation to support our projects.
- Donate your time on projects in the village.
If you are interested in learning more or want to volunteer, contact Roger Whitfield (804-402-8401 or email@example.com) or Joe Kearfott (804-839-2430 or firstname.lastname@example.org).