Community Engagement Holiday Alternative Gift Guide
Here are several ways for you to engage with individuals and families experiencing acute needs in our community this holiday season.
Create a holiday blessings box for our Emmaus guests.
- Get a small (shoebox or smaller) sized box;
- Fill with gender-neutral items, such as gloves, hats, socks, travel-sized toiletries, etc.
- Wrap in holiday paper & deliver to St. Paul’s. You may drop items gifts off at the church office on Sundays or Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Donate gift cards to be distributed to Woodville Elementary school families.
- Gift cards allow parents the autonomy to shop for their own kids– it’s an ideal way to give a Woodville family a little extra love this holiday season! Any additional gift cards will be saved to share with Woodville families throughout the school year. Woodville has a growing number of families experiencing homelessness and various other crises; having gift cards on hand to assist families with basic needs is a HUGE help!
- Mail or deliver your gift cards to St. Paul’s, attn.: Lynn Williams
Donate to Donors Choose, an online giving platform to help teachers with special projects.
- Visit the following link to find a teacher & project to support, including several from Woodville Elementary: https://www.donorschoose.org/.
Donate to the Giving Wall, a Richmond-based giving platform for people with needs right in our own community.
- Visit the following link and choose the person and need that you are interested in: https://www.thegivingwall.org/
- Make an online donation to help someone in Richmond get back on their feet.
For questions about any of our Holiday giving opportunities, please contact Director of Community Engagement Lynn Williams by e-mail.