Winter Ball: “A Love Letter to Richmond”
815 East Grace Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
This year’s Winter Ball, to benefit and raise funds for our youth and youngish adult programs at the church, is a month away! More details about this fabulous yearly event are forthcoming, but in the meantime, we are seeking donations of time & talent to make it all happen! Read on for some ideas from our Winter Ball co-chairs …
Would you like to host a dinner at your house? Do you have a piece of art or a craft you’ve created? Or maybe you have professional services you provide? In all of these cases, you can help the winter ball committee! Every year, the winter ball raises money for our youth and young adult programming and pilgrimages, and one way we raise money is through a Silent Auction.
Examples of some of these services or items might be:
- A gift basket (Pinterest has lots of good ideas if you’re stumped!)
- Flower arranging or photography for an event
- Piano lessons (or swimming lessons, or horseback riding lessons, or Spanish lessons, or…)
- Preparing homemade brunch for 4
- Giftcards to a restaurant, brewery/winery/cidery, or coffee shop
- Tickets to a show
- A handmade quilt
- Handiwork or lawn care
- A commissioned painting
- Handmade jewelry
And many more!
If you have an item or service you would like to donate for the winter ball, please contact the winter ball co-chairs Kimberly Ligon or Chris West.
Information regarding registration for this event is coming soon. We hope to see you there!