Welcome to St. Paul's. Whatever brings you, and whoever you are, we are glad you are here!
Our regular Sunday schedule is as follows:
- 7:45 a.m. Holy Eucharist, Rite I
- 9:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist, Rite II
- 11: 15 a.m. Holy Eucharist, Rite II
UPCOMING SPECIAL SERVICES
- Single morning service! Mardi Gras Sunday, February 26 at 10:00 a.m. The Rt. Rev. Ted Gulick, assistant bishop of the Diocese of Virginia, will be visiting to confirm new Episcopalians. We will go all out for the last Sunday before Ash Wednesday: in addition to the confirmations, we will bid a fond farewell to our Downtown Missioner, the Rev. Melanie Mullen (who is answering a new call to serve the general Episcopal Church as the Director of Reconciliation, Justice, and Stewardship of Creation!); honoring our Lenten Lunch volunteers, and enjoying a pancake brunch.
- Festivities will continue at Evensong, Sunday, February 26 at 5 p.m., as the combined Chancel Choir and Parish Choir will sing a service of Choral Evensong to celebrate the Last Sunday after the Epiphany. All are welcome! Join us afterwards for a fellowship reception.
- On Ash Wednesday, March 1, we will have services and the imposition of ashes at 7:30 a.m. in the chapel, at 11:30 a.m. in the church, and at 7:00 p.m. in the church. Father Renninger will be our Lenten Lunch speaker at 12:30 p.m. on Ash Wednesday.
- On Ash Wednesday, March 1, St. Paul's will have Ashes to Go on 9th Street, starting at 5 p.m.
- On Palm Sunday, April 9, there are two opportunities to celebrate: the Downtown Community Mission churches will gather at Third Street Bethel AME Church at 10:15 a.m. for a procession, and St. Paul's will have a single service that day at 11:00 a.m.
- Holy Monday, April 10: Superspell, 7:00 p.m. in the Church.
- Holy Tuesday, April 11: Simple Eucharist, with cello, 7:00 p.m. in the Church.
- Holy Wednesday, April 12: Center, 6:00 p.m. in the Church; Tenebrae, 7:00 p.m. in the Atrium
- Maundy Thursday, April 13: Agape Supper, 6:00 p.m. in Scott Hall; Holy Eucharist and stripping of the altar, in the Church
- Good Friday, April 14: Meditations on the Passion with prayer stations, 12-3 p.m. in the Church; Liturgy of Good Friday, 7:00 p.m. in the Church
- Holy Saturday, April 15: Great Vigil of Easter, 8:00 p.m. in the Memorial Garden
- 9:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist, Rite II, Church
- 10:15 a.m. Easter Egg Hunt, Capitol Square
- 11:15 a.m. Festival Holy Eucharist, Rite II, Church
All are invited to a community reception following the 9 & 11:15 services!
- 12:05 p.m., Monday through Friday - Holy Communion (In the 9th Street Chapel)*
- Every week day during Lent, St. Paul's hosts a short preaching service as part of the Community Lenten Series, which also includes lunch.
- 6:00 p.m. Wednesdays - Center, contemplative service of prayer and music in the Atrium, followed by supper and Spirit, a formation offering at 7 p.m.
- There will be no Center service on November 23, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving
*Holy Eucharist is celebrated in our chapel (enter from 9th Street). This 30-minute service includes a short homily by clergy from the community and Holy Eucharist, Rite II. The Wednesday service includes healing prayers.