Welcome to Historic
St. Paul's Episcopal Church...
...at Capitol Square in downtown Richmond, Virginia.
St. Paul's is an urban church for all people, blessed with an active congregation, enriched by our history, and focused on our mission of proclaiming Christ in the heart of the city.
In addition to being a source of strength and a place for Sunday worship for people throughout the Richmond metropolitan community, we are a Monday through Friday resource for those who live, work and play in the neighborhood. Consider St. Paul's your spiritual home for all that you do downtown.
Where to start?
- For Sunday Worship, visit: Worship Schedule & What to Expect
- Noonday Prayers & Communion, Monday-Friday
- Eyes on Richmond, a lunchtime forum held on Fridays each fall, featuring significant state and local speakers
- The Lenten Series featuring a notable preacher each week and home made lunch
- Jazz lunches in spring, with local artists and local eats
St. Paul's takes pride in being downtown amidst the dynamic energy of the city. We are across from the State Capitol, and within walking distance of: City Hall, the Supreme Court, local, state and federal offices, the Library of Virginia, Governor's Mansion, Federal Reserve, MCV Hospital, restaurants, Shockoe Slip and Shockoe Bottom districts, Richmond's scenic riverfront, the Richmond Convention Center, Richmond Coliseum, Richmond Center Stage, the National, and a bourgeoning community of loft apartments and condominiums.
Part of St. Paul's identity as a downtown church includes a vibrant outreach ministry, known here as "Faith in Action." We also have a full time Downtown Missioner on staff. We hope that wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you find what you are looking for at St. Paul's.